Monday, July 16, 2012

   My son-in-law had the muscle needed to loosen & remove the heavy bolts that held the box base onto the back bumper.  The 3/4 plywood was rotten in one corner and I plan to replace it with a new box.  Thank You M.
   Now the scraping of old... flaky... ugly paint.  Today after work I accomplished this... scraping and chipping the white and salmon.  Then washed the bumper and the "I don't know how many years" worth of dirt from most of the crevices.  I could have used the paint remover, but decided to just sit down and scrape.  I'll wash it down again and sand it later.
   I then moved to the front of the trailer and began scraping.  The 2 propane tanks were kinda in the way, so I removed them too.

   While scraping at the silver paint on the triangle tip I found some lettering... HADCO ENG???, Pat. No. 2523500.   I hosed it down too... I'll wash again and sand it before it gets paint.   I'm thinking of painting bumper and tongue black Rustoleum.
   I have a couple of concern spots underneath behind the tires... the wood looks like a composition wood... it is warped and sagging.  There is a wooden floor over it that the linoleum is on.  This is in the area of the goucho bed.  Gonna haveto do something about it.  Otherwise the underneath of the rest of the trailer looks solid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment