Friday, May 25, 2012


2nd week...
   I hitched up the trailer to the  Blazer all by myself on Monday, took me 20 minutes, which isn't bad since I had no help.  I decided I need to learn/figure out how to hitch up solo since I will probably being doing alot of that in the future, might as well get going.  
  First time towing... I towed it to my work (6miles away) to get the dry weight... 2,020 lbs.  I also took the opportunity to show it off to fellow workers who appreciate Vintage Travel Trailers.  I have a co-worker who also has one, a 1959 Shasta he is refinishing.  They all ooh'd and aw'd over her.
  I then drove her back to my home town and to the Tire Factory to check the tires and bearings.  She had to stay the night at the tire factory because they had only one seal and would get the second one the next morning.
  I picked her up on Tuesday morning.  $300sum later, New Bearings packed, New seals, New spare tire and wheel.  I feel much better in towing.   She is an easy tow, my only concern is that I can't see around her when I pull, so I am needing to get mirror extensions. 


   I towed her to a friends house and we pressure washed her to get rid of some of the house paint off the outsides.  Tiny flakes of white paint flew off her.  The scratched paint is now smoother, but not completely removed.  It will need a few more pressure wash sessions.   I also towed her to the local carwash and used their pressure hose on the front end and removed a LOT of the housepaint off the pink.  She is now more Salmon Pink than whitewashed pink.
:) Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment