Sunday, May 27, 2012

I've spent the last couple of days working on little miss Aloha...

I removed the cushions in preparation for sanding the wood paneling inside.  I removed the drawers, cupboard doors and closet doors and started sanding the wood.  The old flaky varnish came off in big flakes... I had piles of it everywhere.
  I removed the cupboards hardware as it looks like it was also varithaned along with the wood.  I sanded the drawers & doors as well.   Some of the varithane did not want to come off that easily so I picked up some paint/varnish stripper to use on the wood that has tough varithane still stuck to it.
  I removed the curtain harware as well... and any little stray nails, hooks or tacks that will impead my sanding. 
   I have 5 wooden shelf units that are also screwed to the walls... on is going to be my library :).   I don't think I will remove them... I'll just finish the wood of them along with the wood around them.

 I am planning on removing the varnish on the hardware and restore them to their black finish. 
Here are some more inside pics...




This is some wood below the dinette table/window.  I need to do some repair on it... I'm planning on painting this section of the trailer.  But I will need to figure out how to prep it first.
   I found out that the left back light does not work... I replaced the bulb, but it still doesn't work.  I'm going to have to check the wiring I suppose.
   Went to Spokane and found some mirror extensions, some caulking and door foam weatherstripping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment