Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This Past Weekend, I bought my first Vintage Travel Trailer.... Whoo Hoo.
   I've been looking for one for quite some time.... I have ALWAYS love the old Airstreams and was glued to the Travel channel whenever they showed the Tin Can Tourists shows.
  My chance to buy a Vintage Trailer came on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012.  I have been surfing Craigslist... (5 different locals), for over a year now.  I Facebook TCT as well.   One member of TCT posted that there was a 1959 Aloha for sale just 60 miles from me.  After checking out the post I called and made an apointment to see it.  I gave it a good thorough inspection, the seller answered my questions and best of all... he was willing to deliver it to my house.  I bought It.  She arrived bright and early Saturday morning.
  So meet my little 1959 Aloha, 15 footer.  She is small but very sweet and I have all kinds of plans for her.  She has a coating of white wash paint over her original aluminum/pink with turquoise-pink stripe paint.  She is solid and sound, very little work will need to be done to make her glampable.   She has water stains - evidence of leakage at one time, which is acceptable.  The seller said he resealed her 2 years ago.  Her wood has been re-varnished and it is dry and peeling and will need to be sanded/stripped and refinished.  Minor.  Here woodword has rounded edges... very mid-century.
   Her goucho bed is in great shape... the cushion is whole, undamaged and not faded.  Very comfortable too.  The dinette benches are also in great shape, they are vinyl over spring, excellcior & cotton and still have the tag on the back.   6 louvered windows, 1 in the door and 1 above the sink... perfect shape and in working order.  A large solid one piece front and back window with a front window shade that works. 
  I checked the underside and found dirt and surface rust.  I took pictures of it for record.  Suspension looks good too, but I plan to have my Tire Factory check out the tires, bearings and underside.  I don't have a spare tire (as far as I know), so I'm thinking I need a new one.  I have "moons" hubcaps that were inside in a cupboard.
   This blogsite will be centered on Little Miss Aloha and her revamp/facelift and our adventures together.
:) Suzy Q
Member of "Sisters on the Fly" - a "Mary Jane Farm" Sister and a member of Tin Can Tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment