Monday, June 11, 2012

   I spent this past weekend shopping for and working on the trailer.  I headed down to the Tri-Cities to check out our RV Supply stores in the area.  I found one that is not large, but can order next day delivery things that I need.  I also went to the Home Depot and found some great trim.  It's about 1inch wide and with leaves etched into it.  I'm thinking the ends trim under the large windows.   I also ended up buying MinWax Danish Finishing oil in Golden Oak.
  Sunday, I sanded some more, wiped with the denatured alcohol.  I then rubbed the MinWax over all the wood surfaces in the trailer.  It ended up smoothing out some of the discoloration which happened from moisture.  It did not hide the dark water stains... I'm thinking tha they are her battlescars... she wears them proudly.   The interior wood does look good tho. 
   The drawers and doors got a good rubbing of MinWax as well.  Some of them absorbed the oil so much and will need to get a second coating.   Today, 24hrs later, the smell of Minwax still lingers, so I've opened the windows a bit more.  I checked the drawers/doors that need extra attention and the flaky varnish that was still there is not smooth.   So I scraped and resanded the pieces, then gave a good rubbing of Den. Alcohol again. 
   I also used the Den. Alcohol and cleaned all the hinges & latches to the doors & drawers.  They cleaned up nicely.  I will post pictures later.
:) Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment