Thursday, June 21, 2012

Went shopping for fabric to make slipcovers for the cushions.  Even though they are in great shape, I wanted them to have some color.  Here is what I found....
It's soft salmon flowers, green and pink.   I have a wonderful Flamingo pillow that will accent it to the max.  I have enough enough fabric to make some throw pillows I'm sure... probably enough to make curtains too, but I think that would be too much.  We shall see.
   The sanding and sealing of the interior wood turned out good.  I've still got a drawer that looks shabby and is in need of some serious work, but that can be done later.
   Before and after pics of one corner....

Before and after of a couple of cupboards.... the one on the left is the before.

My kitchen cupboards over the counter & stove...

I've put the hinges back on the doors, handles on the drawers and re-enstalled them into the trailer.  I've put the back cushion back in and I'm ready for finishing decorating.  My Ice Box needs to be fixed yet, and I will get to that.  But I think I'm ready to start decorating.   I've also put aluminum backsplash up behind the stove.
   Lets talk potty.... this little treasure doesn't have one.  I've seen several revamps inside small trailers that the owners have created a space for their porta-potty tucked into the space under the stove.  I have a drawer there and it wouldn't take much to adjust it into a door and cubby for my PPotty.  
I went to a Tin Can Tourist Vintage Trailer Rally this past weekend, and a couple of small trailers also had this remodel in their trailers.  Here is one in a "Man Cave Trailer"...

I have my work cut out for me... it's not a high priority at the moment... so I've got time to "think about it".
:) Suzy
P.S.  I need to be thinking of a name for her.... I've thought of Myrtle May... Lily.... Star-something or Something-star.   Her colors are salmon, turquoise and now her covers are green/brown/salmon pink.  Must think on it.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment